Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sin and Leong Lik's Fantastic Wedding

The main reason I was back in Malaysia was to attend Sin's wedding. I must say, it is really a most unique wedding. Not one bit of it was boring like other weddings are. No offence to other married couples. But weddings can be a drag. Sin made sure just about everything was customised, so it wasn't like anybody else. And that little customization she did for the invitation cards, the menu, the wedding favors, wedding band, photos and videos, wedding car, wedding dress and shoes... well, I wouldn't call it little any more. Everything has a brilliant personal touch. I don't know how she did it, but she did it! Or should I say, Mr. and Mrs Wong did it! It was simply magnificent and words fail me to describe how wonderful it all was. Anyway, there will be lots of pictures posted on Facebook pretty soon by her many, many photographers. The ones that are already on Facebook, I have been looking at them over and over all day and still not tired of them yet.

It was also a great chance to meet up with all the Convent girls. The noisy group which includes Jennifer (the one with the shrill voice), Adeline (who helped plan the awesome wedding), Cute Jiun (looking more and more Korean), Bunny Teah(who gets bullied all the time), Lim Fong (beautiful and sexy) and Cindy (the one who provides medical advice, though it's always wise to get a second opinion). Then all the others whom I haven't met for agessssssss - Selvarasi (from Convent primary school and getting married soon!!), Janet, Joyce, Ee Ling, Siew Wei, Blenggg. So not only it was a day for the newly wed, it was also our little gathering day for all the girls.
Ex-housemate from KJ house - Tong Cruise! I didn't get to speak much to him, but hey...everyone's there! From High School Muar - Jia Liang, from St Andrew's - James Koh, from MFX - Zoule (the video guy). It was just so so good to have loads of people you know at the same time and same place.

The "ji muis" had a swell time torturing the "heng tais" in the morning. We didn't manage to finish the list of torture we had planned though, mainly because the guys were too slow in action and the bride had to leave before 9 a.m! We had them do push ups, eat apples no hands off Likky's chest area, eat bananas from between his legs, pass hard boiled egg through their trousers, kiss each other with a thin layer of seaweed between their lips and what I looked forward to the most - tear wax strips off their hairy legs. Michael did a good one. I saw a bald square surrounded by hairy bits where he tore his strip off. Woot woot!! Then Leong Lik sang his heart out for Sin Yee through the door. It was all so romantic.....

There's always a first time for everything. Sin had asked me to be MC for the reception. Lionel was my partner. Heh. I thought I would be more nervous, but it was not too bad after some preparation with Lionel the day before and Teah's help with the translation of the toasts to Chinese proverbs that should bring the couple and all the guests good fortune etc. Alban and Jiun helped in screaming on stage for the toasts. Alban did his melodious "Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum......................" and Jiun helped with my Chinese script. It was great fun. I hope I didn't spoil the event too much anyway:)

Then there was ballroom dancing. Pheeweeet, Sin first danced with her dad, and Likky with his mum, then other people started joining in. We had a crash course from Jasraj and Tiffany on the morning of the big day. Still everyone was looking at their feet on the dance floor:)I only knew like 3 steps to repeat throughout the entire song. And the band was planning 4 songs for the dance. I had a go with Andy, but not for long...lolz. We only danced like 3/4 of a song:P

It was also the first time I went with the newly weds to go "YUM SENG" from table to table. I had my glass refilled more than Sin or Likky did. Also, the secret is - Ribena!!! I didn't know that before! I had a sip and almost spit it out! So the waiter holds two bottles in his hands - One red wine bottle with actual red wine, and the other is Ribena. I'd say go for the alcohol definitely:)

After the wedding reception, Cute Jiun carried on with the next agenda. Karaoke in Red Box Mid Valley. There were 15 of us I think. I was pretty smashed by then, my voice almost gone from screaming YUM SENG the entire night and my heels were killing me. Cindy got me her hotel bedroom slippers and I looked a total wreck. Karaoke Queen - Kem Kem was singing already even before I got there. I could hear her when I called Alban. Damn semangat. Alban ordered 2 bottles of whisky, and Lim Fong won a third in a lucky draw! We only shared one between 5-6 of us. Because I had already lost my voice, I only did the screaming songs. At the end of the session, I literally looked like a ghost - with my eyeliners smudged, hair down and dragging my feet around in bedroom slippers.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Wong LL and may the two of you live happily ever after! Multiply soon and give us ang pows during Chinese New Year. Actually anytime in the year you feel like giving angpows, I'm sure we'll gladly accept.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

elo,

such a simple and nice summary! =) glad that we meet up and manage to torture the heng dai. LOL.

keep in touch and take care ya.

*hugs*

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Cyanide said...

I still can't believe it's over. We all had such a blast!!!

Miss everyone and everything that happened that weekend!!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous sin said...

jas: why wanna make me cry??? i tot i already serviced my tear duct! sob sob :).. thanks lots hun! thanks to you all, we had a blast! thanks to you all, we have a 'sin & leong lik's fantastic wedding'!! no amount of thanks is enough, and no amount of love i can return to all, especially you, my very sporting emcee and you who flew allllll the way back for me! love you lonnnggesttt time :) muacks muacks muacks! you are my biggest wedding gift jas! love!

lim & niap: i oso can't believe it's over! i wanna do it again? ahahhaha..

2:22 AM  
Blogger nyting said...

sin: i doubt our tear ducts can be sealed for good lolz:) i'm so happy you invited me...!!!! it was really awesome and spectacular. It was great opportunity to be with everyone again:) MISS YOU ALL SO MUCHIE..
But hor, I think I ask LL what if you want to do again... he said "Do yourself" hehhehehehehhhh.....

7:00 PM  
Blogger sin said...

wakakakka.. he really said that? kanasai! ahhahaaha..

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Jasraj Sandhu said...

Jas I'm so glad you came back for the wedding. Cos it wouldn't have been the same without you.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home