Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sick vs $$

The children are off for their family holiday before school starts. So I am off for the week, yeay!
But being off for the week also means no $$$. Therefore, I have informed Starbucks in advance that I will be able to work the entire week.

And what is the worst thing that could happen, you think? Yeap, I get sick. It is awful, awful, awful. I hate it. Aghhh!! It was all pre-planned, pre-arranged. Everything was in place. And now it all isn't. Sob sob... Sunday evening, I started feeling weird. Monday morning I was feeling sickish. Come Monday night, I was having shivers and temperature in the night. I got up at 4 am to look on the internet for the nearest GP. First thing Tuesday morning, I am at the clinic registering myself (cursing myself also for not registering earlier, cos I had to wait for them to put me into the system), see the doctor who advised me to take a couple of days off because my throat and inside of my ears are all inflamed and swollen. Sigh....

Tuesday and Wednesday I rested, and on Thursday bright and early I called Starbucks... ready to go to work. When they heard my voice though (which still sounded really funny), they said not to worry and they've got me covered for the day. So they only want me to come in on Saturday.

I know, I know... there is no need to get all worked up. Except I am quite irritated and annoyed at myself for not being able to go to work!! Even when I feel I can... I guess it is perfectly understandable considering I will be dealing with food and beverages at Starbucks and a cough or a sneeze in the wrong direction will lead to many problems later on. So fair enough, I should just stay home then...

It just sucks to be sick :( Suckier to know there is no $$ coming in this week at all... AaaaaaaaAAaaaaAA!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home