Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The moon is very big, bright and round tonight...


Today is my sixth day at work in a row. Yep, and I'm ready to collapse, except I'm not... I do so want to collapse and rest, but I can't...

Because I had 9 coffee drinks today. Yes, NINE. Two personal, and seven for work purposes. Geez, if I had known I would be drinking so much coffee for work today, I wouldn't have had 2 for myself!! Normally I do not have any at all. I would choose strawberries and cream, or raspberry or mango drinks. But TODAY I wanted to try some coffee, and ended up drinking more than I ever imagined I would in a day.

I only finished my 8 hour shift, waited 3 hours for training, did an hour and a half training session and walked home really quickly while talking aloud to myself all the way, and still, wide awake.

First, I had my 10 mins break. I really had to drag myself out of bed today, so I thought.. why not? Let's try the Caramel Macchiato. Then I had my lunch, and I tried the Caramel Latte. At noon, I was informed that it is a special occasion today. The district manager was visiting today, and we were going to have a coffee tasting session at our store for the customers, and of course us partners as well. We tried 3 different kinds of coffee, with fruits, nuts, berries, cheese, gingerbread etc. We had the Sumatra, Columbia and Ethiopia. Then, my store assistant manager wanted me to try espresso shots. One full good one, and one dead one, so that I know what they are, and I do not use dead espresso shots in the drinks I make. Okay, so that in all was 7 drinks.

Training wasn't too bad. I had expected a long boring session of talking and demo. Instead, I was sitting amidst a group of Polish hysterical girls, laughing and talking loudly in their language, not paying attention to the training, and they are all from 3 different Starbucks stores in town, including mine. That's the Northend, Centrale and Whitgift stores. Of course, there were a few people who were not Polish, but our numbers are minimal. By the end of the session, I was speaking perfect Polish English. "After you blend, you throw away them" kind of language.. hehe. We were introduced to 3 new drinks for the summer launch, and the drinks included one suggestive looking food which made the girls even more hysterical and hyper.

Thank goodness I am finally off from work for tomorrow... :)

The moon is so very big and bright and round and beautiful tonight.

4 Comments:

Blogger peiyun said...

Hmm.. so it's true?

"Overseas moon is brighter?" =P

6:31 AM  
Blogger Liang Mui said...

wah.. ur tummy can tahan ar?? 9 coffee drinks.. i wil hv tummy upset and dizziness after 2.. haha..

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, be careful. u've a weak stomach. dont take more than 3 cups of coffee in a day or u might ended up with stomach ulcers, blood vomit, a pack of blood transfusing into your veins and getting ready for an OGDS (scope). hope your gastric attacks have subsided, if not vanished eversince your stay in uk :) btw, the gastric med that i packed for u are still in my drawers i dunno what to do with it :P

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow a "round the world' coffee experience!

And damm... polish girls

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home