Thursday, August 21, 2008

The true story about the lil monsters...

It is coming to the end of the third week I have 5 boys and occasionally, 1 baby girl with her mother around the house. And it has been absolutely CRAZY. At first, I thought it can't be that bad. If I can handle mfx, I can handle 5 boys, 1 baby girl and 1 annoying mother.

When I last blogged that I was stressed, that stress had carried on. Yesterday, when I was determined to put my foot down and tell them enough is enough, I am not getting paid any extra for the extra children and workload etc, the entire family was in havoc when I arrived in the morning. Drama from the annoying mother, and got my female employer really emotional and agitated, and I did not have a chance to say what I had to say.

Today, again...the moment I entered the house, my female employer - V, held my hand and led me to the dining room and closed the door. She told me she had asked them to pack up and leave the night before, but they had felt sorry for the children so could I please hang on for a couple more days? And she said "I'm begging you, please..." I felt really sorry for V, that she had such an irritating relative, so what else could I do but assure her it is okay? When she came home in the evening, I had to pat her on the back to tell her not to worry, the week is coming to an end.

Emo emo emo, here are the reasons why... sigh...

1) The cousins who had come to stay, Uyiosa and Irobosa had just lost their dad. Sudden death, nobody knows the reason yet. He's only in his early thirties. He just did not wake up one fine day. The children are confused and scared, and do not dare to return to the house where the incident had happened.

2) Their mother was too busy with funeral arrangements to take care of them, that was why they were brought from house to house, passed on from one relative to the other. And they just cry and cry and cry for their mummy. They misbehave on purpose, seeking attention. I really feel for them. How confused and upset they must be, suddenly losing dad and then mum not wanting them around!

3) Their mother is terrible. At first, when I first saw her... I thought "Poor woman..." and I truly wanted to help her. But then, true colours started to show. Not only she does not take care of her own children when she is around, she bitches on the phone complaining to people that "people" have not been sincere and genuine in helping her, that she trusts nobody but herself and all that crap. I mean, come on... whose house are you staying in? Whose food are you eating? Whose bed are you sleeping in? Whose phone are you using to bitch on? And who is taking care of your children for you while you BITCH on the bloody phone the entire afternoon, leaving your baby girl with FIVE boys who could have hurt her by accident meaning I have to look after 6 children instead.

And when she is not on the phone, she sleeps. Yes, the bloody woman SLEEPS!!! While her chlidren are misbehaving and thinking they can do anything now their mother is here, she sleeps! God helps those who helps themselves. I know I wanted to help her. I want to help the children. But her attitude just puts me off so much. I really can't help thinking what a terrible mother she is!!

AND she broke my house rule, yes one of my very important house rule.

NEVER WASTE FOOD!

She doesn't pay for any of the food in the house at all, and she just nicely sweeps the remainder of her food, and her childrens' if they don't finish into the bin. Bloody hell, I would really have liked to smack her. I tell the children over and over again, almost everyday...NEVER waste food. If you can't finish it, tell me... leave it. I will eat it. Or we will keep it for later. She just bloody comes and empties the plates into bins. And not just a little bit, a whole LOT! If she wasn't the mother of 3 kids and older than I am, I really would have given her a good long lecture.

4) The baby girl is absolutely adorable. Her name is Elaosa. 21 months, and she's just an angel. When her mother doesn't look after her, I do. And I can't just NOT look after her. THe boys play rough. You just have to watch her all the time. That's when it gets irritating I suppose. While I do love the girl, that doesn't mean the freaking mother takes if for granted that she doesn't need to look after her own baby. Sigh...

5) More people, more workload. I've been KO-ing lots since the extra children came around. I have grown to love them LOTS. And I don't want them to go. But it means extra loads of laundry, extra ironing, extra preparation of food, extra washing of plates.... a little extra of everything. I thought I would be okay, and I think I am okay... But by today, I have to admit, it is wearing me out.

That is it. My emo. Been malfunctioning after I get home from work. Just rotting in front of the TV. Eating junk food cos I'm too tired to cook proper meals etc. Feeling torn really. I love the children, don't want them to go. Yet, I think I need something more. $$ is a good motivation, but I don't want everything to be about $$$. Everyone here is telling me I should ask them for more $$. But I really feel it is almost inhumane to do so. So no, I haven't asked. It's just that the V and her husband already has so much on them, how could I just ask for more? I can see everyday that V is trying to keep up with her own life and helping out the annoying mother. V is hardly getting any rest herself. I just can't.

V just texted me now. Annoying mother is going tomorrow morning? I don't know what is going on. I hope all is okay at home, and no emo drama there. Poor V and husband and poor children who have lost their dad. But no pity for the annoying mother. I know it's mean of me to say so. But if you had seen her, you would agree with me for sure.

Milk and bread for tomorrow....


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

brad pitt :-
If it is so difficult and devoid of purpose, then quit it ok ? Painful for us to know that u r kind of undergoing a hard life.

Back to the basic question, what is the purpose of going to UK in the first place ? I think from there you can get the direction that you want....

7:41 PM  
Blogger nyting said...

brad pitt: thanks for your concern. don't worry, i'm not undergoing a hard life. It is better life here... Also, the additional children have gone now, back to their own home with their mother. So all is good.:)

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home