Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back at STARBUCKS!

Yep, back there! Woo hoo!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Yes, I am quite happy. First, I am working again. After a very loooonngg time. Second, it is oh so christmassy at Starbucks and everywhere now, so it's such a good time to be back.

When I went to Whitgift Centre which is like a mall in the middle of town, I was jumping up and down and hugging Sarah and Fahid who was working on Tuesday. So us three did the screamy huggy thingy. I haven't seen them for ages and it is really touching to be back. Then the new manager showed up, his name - Fabio I think. He was talking with some new girl.

Then I realised that most of the people there that I know have gone, after I left they all followed suit not long after. Ian, the manager has resigned, Basia is on leave, Aneta's also resigned and gone back to Poland, Nora's gone to a Clapham store, Diana's now manager in another store. That leaves Fahid, Sarah and Michael that I know there really. After Fahid's shift, he came out of the store solemnly and told me that Fabio has hired that girl, and that's the last he's taking in. As much as Fahid and Sarah had asked for me instead of that other person, the new manager didn't want to change his mind, so too bad I was literally bout an hour late? Fahid did say he had booked me a spot with Ian (the previous manager) ever since I texted him about a month ago, and Ian had told Fabio, but no pulling strings with this new manager. Or maybe he didn't like that I did the screamy huggy thingy with Sarah and Fahid while they were working. Darn...

Fahid didn't give up though. He mentioned Diana is manager now, but I didn't realise that she was just in Centrale which is like two minutes from my old store, and I used to help out there when it was super busy last year during Christmas as well. He said, don't have high hopes as he doesn't know if Diana has finished hiring for the season. She might have. But he walked with me, the moment we got to Centrale, we did another round of screamy huggy thingy. Zuzanna spotted me first and she screamed. Diana was on the phone and did not see me. Later when she finished and turned around, she went like.... "OMG, look who's here. Where have you gone?" Before she said anything else, we were doing the screamy huggy. And then Zuzana said while pointing to a stack of other applications. "I don't want the others. I want her". Fahid looked at me, I looked at Fahid. We looked at Diana, she said she's only hiring for now till Christmas. I nodded my head so hard, Zuzanna nodded so enthusiastically as well. I couldn't help grinning from ear to ear. I guess I just got hired then and there!:) Yayyy!!!

Heaps of paperwork to do, from scratch. It's like doing homework all over again. I took the entire evening completing two books. And the following day, another hour and a half in the store with Diana going through fire quizzes, contracts, till operation agreements etc. And I now officially have a new partner number, and start work Saturday:)

It's not a big deal, and I know I'm going to have to work my ass off again. But it is better than having nothing:)

4 Comments:

Blogger nyting said...

p/s: thank you, peter.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Cyanide said...

congrats!

make me a coffee leh... hehehe.

2:26 PM  
Blogger sin said...

YAY!! i want christmassey Starbuck's mug! :D
happy to know you are doing good bey! :)
muacks

cyanide: you only drink kopi-o wut? :D

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to yi yi...

joel and bel bel

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home