Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Can't stop moaning...

One who is busy with work has less time to moan about life. Unfortunately, I am at the stage of unemployment and hating it, so yes... plenty of time to moan about my life. Here are some of my petty petty moanings:

1) I think the house is pretty clean. Toilets, bathroom, kitchen etc. However my housemate insists that DEEP CLEANING needs to be done every week. How DEEP can you go about cleaning? And on his off days you will hear him scrub the toilets and bathroom for hours (yes, hours) and they are very small only. So I don't know how deep he went. And seriously, if I wasn't home I don't really care. But now being at home and hearing him go on and on in the bathroom, really gets on my nerves and stresses me out. Plus, I think he does it extra loud so I can hear him and get the hint and DO IT. But I don't know how to DO IT. Cos there is nothing to do!

2) Jobs. I know there are jobs out there. Yes, cleaner jobs, babysitting perhaps. Ironing even. But I really just want to have a proper job. Beggars can't be choosers I know. But I have been working on my cvs and reel etc to send out. So no, I'm not just bumming around at home. Even so, it does get annoying whenever we walk past a shop window and "Oh, Jasmine that one needs a cleaner. Go for it!". I know I should, I just fail to embrace the opportunity. And lately, a friend has recommended me a job in Hull. That is super far away from where I am. It is a waitressing job, food and accommodation provided for in a chinese restaurant. 10 hours work a day, 6 days a week. I would consider the job, and was actually thinking about it, but the friend later called to tell me I asked the restaurant manager too many questions. And that I embarassed her, and told me to forget about the job. I was like ???? Huh? What did I even do? I just wanted to find out details before packing my bags, go far far away and staying in goodness knows where and working for don't know who. Apparently, by asking basic questions, I have attitude problems. Sigh.

3) In denial. Most people are. The say everything is all going to be all right. Just don't think about it, it will all turn out well. How is it that when you don't plan things are going to turn out just all right for you? Perhaps you could be lucky. But more often than not, work is involved to make sure your boat is steering the right way. Again, I have so much time on my hands at the moment, I am thinking a lot about the future. Oh I am steering the boat all right, but I do need some guidance, help etc. I just don't know where to go. What to do. I've been doing lots. But the boat has stayed in one place. And yes, when the boat don't move, the fat dont' go anywhere. So the shanks and handles have been building up quite well. Muffin tops and dangly bingo wings. Ah, all the amount of yoga. And still looking like a ball, which cannot roll. Can you imagine how frustrating that is?

4) Being mistaken to be Thai. The amount of times people come up to me greeting me in Thai is uncountable now. Seriously. Whether they are English trying to be funny, or genuine Thais in this country thinking I am one of them. I am not saying I am better, please do not insult me for being Thai. I am saying, please check before you greet. It is terribly irritating and I feel like a record player saying "Sorry, I'm not Thai, I don't understand." Then smile widely, and they carry on speaking Thai to you. ??? Why?

Ah well, that is me, moaning. About little petty things in life. My life is not too bad. I've just been to Ireland and back. It's been an overall good trip. Have pictures to post, but will do so early next week as I don't have a camera, so the photos aren't with me. Moan moan moan...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Cyanide said...

well, this is a satisfactory report card. mommy's not gonna beat u this time.

:p

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Cyanide said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm a lot of Thai ppl have more good looking than you whom looking down on them. The most important thing is Thai ppl never look down on the same asian as you are doing even sometimes they got mistake to be Chineses as same as you. All asian has the same look as called Mongoloid so u cant blame any ppl to think u r chinese Thai!!!

6:22 PM  
Blogger nyting said...

Hello anonymous, perhaps you have misunderstood me. I absolutely agree that a lot of Thais are better looking than me, I was merely stating that at that time I was constantly being mistaken as a Thai and I couldn't understand they are talking to me about. Not blaming anyone. Just found it annoying because it happened all the time. I meant no offence to any Thai person. Why do you feel so strongly about my post?

6:29 AM  
Blogger nyting said...

It is also very strange that you think I look down on Thais? I can assure you that I don't. If anything, they are as capable as any other Asians:)

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw this post a few days ago...Honestly I dont think you look like Thai at all(from face form, make-up, style, body...whatsoever) I would say you're an asian just like me.

All I could say is 'Beautiful Uncertainty' really suits you as it for your attitudes...

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home