Sunday, June 15, 2008

Officially 1 week since my arrival...

Okay, my feet are rotting from walking lots and lots and lots so much so that I am limping, sometimes. Especially when it's cold. But it warms up then they're okay. They just go weird on me man. Seriously... geez, if it's not the right foot, it's the left, oh then it's the right again.. the left is perfect for a while, then the right is good and the left starts to hurt. Okay yeah... so I think I need to stop walking for a bit... and today I will just sit around the wholeeeeeee day.

Tesco is HUGEEEE in Purley, the little town where I stay. It also opens 24 hours:) Um yeah, big means lots of stuff to buy, and you feel like you want to buy everything, but as usual you can't.

And really, Purley is a very very nice and quaint little place. I think I am starting to love it. Also, you know names like "Purley" and "Croydon" just sounds nice already, and you already want to live there. There are places with horrible names like "Embankment" or "Therapia Lane" or "Ealing". I don't know how those places look like, but I already do not like the names, hence I do not think I will be very happy staying there...

I had dinner at the Lim Coopers yesterday at their place in Putney. It was a very contemporary little place in London, compared to the cosy little traditional place I have in Purley and also Gene's in Croydon. Dinner was "refreshing"... with Nachos and dips, anchovies, chowder, chicken, asparagus with bacon, salad and some champagne. Then we looked at a HUGE cosmos book that was "untouchable" (because all the pages are printed full in black and leaves fingerprints) that belongs to Gene's younger cousin...Got home only around midnight...then I did my "Private Practice" marathon till the sun came up....Got startled when my "jie fu" rang me about 10:30 am. Gosh... I just went to bed man...he's in Austria for some business, but it's very nice to hear get a call from family:)

I also officially completed my public transport experience yesterday. I had taken the trains, the busses, the underground, and yesterday... the TRAM. Wheee!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home