Thursday, June 12, 2008

The series of unfortunate events...

There was... a series of unfortunate events...
I had been upset, but now have decided to get over it and move on with life.

1) I lost my wallet/purse (Don't tell my mum please, don't want to worry her...)
2) I lost my Oyster card on the second day after I purchase it. Yeay!

Well, anyways... the necessary has been sorted out. I've gone to the Malaysian Embassy in London. Guess what, I've been to heaps of toilets in London by now, whether public or private places. But the one in Malaysian embassy... is definitely typical Malaysian. No toilet paper, wet floor, wet toilet sit, stinking, toilet bowl is half full of soaking paper and "other" miscellaneous stuff.
Sorry, but I really had to talk bout the toilet. But the consular was really nice and helpful. Paperwork will be sorted out, very soon.
The missing of the wallet is what I call a truly magical event. I really have no idea how it could have disappeared.

The Oyster card however... fine fine fine, it's the super multitasking Jasmine that thinks she can do it all and hold everything in her hand, while running in the rain and putting a jacket over her head. By the time I got to my destination, the card was gone. That costs freaking 10 pounds, and I have only used 2, so there's 8 left. I've decided to walk 8 times, instead of take 8 bus rides.
That will explain future posts where my feet are going to be so dead.

All in all though, I am healthy and good *touchwood* (touch wood people...seriously) There was a man in his forties crying outside the post office today, that was after I realised I lost my Oyster card and I was super depressed. But then a man in his forties crying outside the post office... omg, that just made me realise what a teeny thing losing my stupid Oyster card is. I do hope nothing tragic has happened to him or his family or whatever....



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jas be more careful in the future will you. It's worrying to hear that you're losing things just like that.

5:47 AM  
Blogger nyting said...

Yes dear mother, I certainly will...
But seriously, the wallet disappearing.. was like magic, and I only feel very amazed that it has happened, because *touchwood* absolutely nothing else was missing. Which was super weird..
But yes, for the other lost thingy.. I feel the deepest regret and remorse and will learn my lesson...:P
:)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home